dm+d Release 2 Browser Help
The dm+d Release 2 Browser has been produced by the NHSBSA as an aid to viewing the dm+d extract.
2. Using the Browser - Navigation
Three different routes can be used to navigate the data:
To change the route of navigation, click on one of the 'search via' options. The screen will be refreshed to display a search input box and button for the selected option.
- Search for a VMP first and then navigate from the list of VMPs found
- Search for an AMP first
- Search for a VTM first
Navigating around the data is accomplished by clicking the '+' symbol next to the product name; the associated records at each level are then displayed in each of the other areas. For example, following an AMP Search, clicking on one of the '+' symbols next to an AMP name will cause the AMPP area to display a list of packs (AMPPs), the VMP area to display the parent VMP and the VMPP area to display the Virtual Packs for that parent VMP.
3. Using the Browser - Search tips
- Searches are case insensitive, typing 'paracet' or 'PARaCet' returns the same results
- By default, matches are found for record names starting with the search criteria
- To locate a search word anywhere within a record name, prefix the search text with an asterix character, for example *soluble
- Don't use quotes around search terms
- The "Search in Progress" indicator (near the top left of the page above the VTM results box) informs the user that a search is currently active.
Attempting to perform a subsequent search before the current search has finished will invoke a warning message
4. Using the Browser - viewing data
To view individual records, click on the 'view' button which is shown alongside each entry in the browser. A new window will be opened displaying the selected record.
AMP - Actual Medicinal Product
AMPP - Actual Medicinal Product Pack
VMP - Virtual Medicinal Product
VMPP - Virtual Medicinal Product Pack
VTM - Virtual Therapeutic Moiety
dm+d - Dictionary of Medicines and Devices
6. System Requirements
- Modern web browser